HafenCity – Hamburg under construction! In the heart of Hamburg, the HafenCity is being created. This is currently Europe’s largest urban construction project and is located between the historic warehouse district Speicherstadt and the Elbe. Just 800 meters from the Rathaus, the size of downtown Hamburg is being increased by 40%. A mix of business, residential housing, leisure and tourism animates the various sections of the HafenCity.
- Super close to the Speicherstadt, Neustadt, downtown and the central train station
- Modern architecture
- Cosmopolitan flair and business feeling
- Home to universities and many large companies as well as established Hamburg businesses
- Marvel at large ships in the harbor and stroll around the Marco-Polo-Terrassen
- Elbphilharmonie – THE Hamburg concert hall
- Many good restaurants and bistros such as CARLS. Here you will find north German cuisine with a French touch
- Delicious breakfast buffet at the hotel 25 h
- Der.Die.Sein. A weekly market with stalls run exclusively by local designers. You can shop or search for inspiration. Located in the Unilever Haus
- Small flea market and Christmas market as well as seasonal sports events
- The best place in town for Happy Hour!
- Bus number 111 is an insider tip for tourists. The route covers the HafenCity, the Reeperbahn the Große Elbstraße and up to Altona. It’s a great way to see the harbor area.