The trendy Schanzenviertel district (also called "die Schanze") is known for independent and original shops, Portuguese cafés and all kinds of restaurants from stylish to rustic. You will also find beautiful old buildings, green courtyards and converted factory buildings.
Browse, discover and let yourself be inspired.
- Lovely Jugendstil buildings, some of which are restored and listed
- Veeeeeery popular area
- Many media companies, labels and promoters are based here
- Bars and restaurants to meet every taste
- Lots of burger places – often with organic meat and brand new versions of this classic
- Celebrity chef Tim Mälzer‘s Bullerei restaurant in the old meat packing district
- Beer and brewing culture are celebrated here
- Mövenpick hotel in the converted historic water tower – Swiss breakfast in Hamburg
- The famous, to some infamous, Rote Flora cultural center as well as demonstrations, festivals and street culture are an integral part of the “Schanze”
- Zomia – a caravan colony which also serves as a venue
- Small independent shops
- Local designers present their decorating trends
- Poetry slam in the Bunker at Feldstraße
- Night flea market at the Sternenbrücke
- Beach Club in Hamburg – why not? Summer is hot after all!
- Open air cinema in Schanzenpark