St. George is home to diversity, to contrasts and to tolerance. In a very central location, one lives here behind Jugendstil facades, in half-timbered houses or in new buildings. Life here is colorful and certainly never boring.
Little Portuguese delicacies?
- most central district of Hamburg
- close to downtown, Mönckebergstraße
- sailing, canoeing, kayaking
- main train station and the central bus station
- Beautiful Art Nouveau buildings
- Half-timbered houses in the Lange Reihe
- Social housing behind Steindamm and on Hansaplatz
- Exclusive houses and sumptuous villas facing the Alster
- Many historical apartments are being converted into condominiums
- Multicultural, subcultural scene, tolerant coexistence, increase of yuppies
- Schauspielhaus, Cinemas
- Birthplace of Hans Albers
- Good shopping on the Lange Reihe and Koppel
- Many exotic grocery stores