The quiet, shady side streets are lined with imposing townhouses and pretty villas, the Alster lake is right around the corner, and there is always something going on in the lively university district. This may be the nicest place to live in Hamburg!
A round of tennis where otherwise the aces play?
- Verdant, upscale neighborhood, near downtown
- Close to the Alster
- Imposing townhouses, beautiful villas and Jugendstil buildings
- The landmarked apartments on Grindel (Grindelhochhäuser)
- University. Life and diversity of a student area
- Consulates and embassies
- Good shopping, Pöseldorf
- Good cultural happenings - Abaton art house cinema, Ethnology Museum, Kammerspiele Theater, Live Club Logo
- Farmer's Markets on Turmweg (off of Rothenbaumchaussee). The famous Isemarkt is also easy to reach.
- Distinct culinary scene
- World class tennis stadium
- Max Planck Institute, media companies
- Good transportation connections, poor parking